1. Athlete candidates must have concluded their careers as active players for a minimum of five years before their election.
2. The Selection Committee may reduce the five year waiting period for reasons of outstanding prominence, skill and special circumstances.
3. Notwithstanding 1. and 2., an athlete who has reached his or her fiftieth birthday will be eligible for nomination and consideration by the Selection Committee. This recognizes the fact that many outstanding athletes continue to compete in various sports long after their peak competitive years.
4. Builder candidates may be either active or inactive at the time of their election.
5. All candidates must have resided in Belleville and area for a period of five years, not necessarily continuously.
6. Members of the Selection Committee are not eligible for election.0