“Snipe” was a driving force behind Junior B hockey in Belleville, first as one of the original owners of the Belleville Bobcats in the early 1960s, to sole owner from 1971 until he sold the club in 1979. In that time, the Bobcats of the Metro Junior B Hockey League were league finalists on three occasions, winning the league championship in 1976. After selling the team in 1979, “Snipe” remained as club General Manager during a league championship series in 1981 – 1982 when the Bobcats won the Ontario Hockey Association’s Sutherland Cup, emblematic of Junior B hockey supremacy in Ontario.
“Snipe” was honoured by the Ontario Hockey Association in 1982 with Golden Hockey Stick of Merit for his work in Junior Hockey in the province. He was also co-founder and director of the Belleville McFarlands Booster Club in the club’s heyday and World Championship victory in 1959. A World War II veteran who was born in Belleville, “Snipe” is also heavily involved with the Belleville Shrine Club, its annual Shrine Peewee Hockey Tournament and ARC Industries sports as a volunteer official.0